Friday, April 20, 2012

Race weekend is here!

Okay, so apparently Blogger got a new look and I definitely am NOT sure how this new set up works so bare with me until I figure this all out. It may take me a few weeks to get used to this new set up. So last weekend I hung out with a 5 and a 3 yr old, baked brownies and just enjoyed life. I subbed Monday and it was seriously SOO boring. It was study hall ALL day and I felt like a cold popsicle and I almost fell asleep! haha This week all I have done is workout on Tues and Wed. go to Bdubs on Wed. and that is about it. So I am guessing you are NOW wanting me to fill you in on my post title. Why yes, my half is THIS Sunday! I am seriously scared, nervous and not sure if I am truly prepared for this. I have been training since late Dec./early Jan. I dealt with running on treadmills, getting shin splints, feeling like I am hungry all the time, pain, tears, cross training. I know that I can't let myself give up. I have to not let my mind win the battle. If I have to stop and walk a little, then I will. I have to rely on God's strength to get me through this. I am going to accomplish something HUGE and I will go out there and give it all I got. I will post sometime next week and let you know how I did. I am going to a Cavs game tonight with the youth pastor and some of the students and leaders. The youth pastor got free tickets so he is taking some of the youth leaders and students to the game. I am excited! Tomorrow I will be driving to Toledo, staying with a few friends and then getting up before the crack of dawn Sunday morning to start my race at the lovely 7 AM. I hope you all have a great weekend :)

No comments: