Wednesday, July 13, 2011

123 this is the job for me..well at this moment in my life.

Work it out:
Sunday-Elliptical, running and biking.
Monday-4 mile run
Tuesday-Rest Day
Today-2 mile run

Well I really have to say that being a nanny has it's challenges. I am learning how to handle children in a small setting. I really dont know these children, so I dont know their likes or dislikes. I dont know their families or their backgrounds that well. Needless to say its different watching children I barely know. Lets just say that yesterday was just as much a challenge as it was on Monday. Today, I have the day off. Lily is sick, but I'll be back there tomorrow morning.

"God never witholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good. God's refusals are always merciful -- "severe mercies" at times but mercies all the same. God never denies us our hearts desire except to give us something better."
— Elisabeth Elliot

You know, I had to wait a long time for a job. His love and timing worked in which I got the job when it was him timing for the plan for my life. This might be a huge challenge at the moment, but its God's mercy and grace that will get me through these 6 weeks. Some day I will have a better job, a better income, and will have the tools and be equipped to handle children whose parents are going through a divorce.

In other news--I got invited to ANOTHER wedding yesterday. Its in August. I thought I was done with weddings for the summer. O well over it. It will be fun.

Today is the 18th week since I chopped my hair. I want it to grow faster than it is thats for sure. I miss french braids, side pony tails. Hair that can do more than go down and into a little nub of a ponytail.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

So happy for you! I'm sure it will get easier once you all get to know each other better and settle into a great routine!