Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm a sleeper

I got to Toledo yesterday. I laid out for a half hour, and then made the ride. It was 100 degrees when I left, and my right arm was POURING sweat out. It was GROSS!!! I went to a college bible study last night and it was so good. It was about fasting. When you fast, you must seek the Lord. I am going to do this, next week and pray about--jobs, God's will for my life, relationships, and other issues in my life. I got up at 10 AM this morning. UHHH I never sleep PAST 8 ever in my life. I must have needed it. No idea what I am going to do today. I am going to do a workout video today because I FORGOT my running shoes in Sandusky :( :( :(
I am going to the ZOO with my student teaching class tomorrow!! AHH I am SOO excited!! I have to be at the school by 850! AHH I could seriously JUMP for Joy!!! I am so thrilled to see my students again :)

Pumpkin muffins
5 1/2 oz plain flour
3 1/2 oz buckwheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
8 oz pumpkin, cooked and mashed
1/2 cup low-fat milk
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind (zest)
4 tablespoons orange juice
butter for greasing
*makes 12

1. Preheat oven to 200C (400F, gas mark 6) In a large bowl, combine flour, buckwheat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the centre of flour mixture, and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, milk, oil, orange ring and orange juice. Add to the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
3. Spoon batter into muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in tins for 5 minutes. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool.

Fat 5.3G Carbohydrate 32G Protein 5.6G

I got this recipe out of Essential Cooking Series Comprehensive, Step-By-Step Cooking BAKING. I havent made these yet, but I want to so I thought I would share it with you guys.

Poll: Which recipe would you like to see next?
1. Spiced apple muffins
2. Choc rough muffins
3.Orange raisin muffins
4. Hot Cross Buns

Let me know and next time I blog, I'll post the recipe :) Off to eat brunch/workout/shower and make my bed.

1 comment:

ATTrio said...

Fasting is a really cool thing. I always feel more spiritually close to my Heavenly Father and better about the choices I make when I fast. Also, those muffins look GREAT. I would like to see Choc rough muffins next =)

-Jen