Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rainy days make me sad

Chunky Apple Muffins(got from Martha Stewart website)

A can't-resist breakfast treat combines autumn's flavors: cinnamon, toasted nuts, and tart Granny Smith apples.
Yield Makes 12

Ingredients:

Vegetable cooking spray
1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and quartered
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon plus 2 pinches salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (omit if serving to children under 3)
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12-cup standard muffin tin with cooking spray; set aside. Cut 3 apple quarters into 1/4-inch dice; cut remaining apple quarter into 12 thin slices for garnish.

Whisk together sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add diced apple and walnuts, if using; toss to coat.Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and butter in a small bowl. Gently fold buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each about three-quarters full. Top each with an apple slice. Bake until muffins are brown around edges and spring back when touched, 16 to 18 minutes. Let muffins cool slightly, about 5 minutes, before turning out of tin onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Cinnamon-Oat Pancakes(From Martha Stewart Website)

Rolled oats give these pancakes a hearty, nutty flavor. Serve them with butter and maple syrup or powdered sugar and bananas.

Prep Time 35 minutes Total Time 35 minutes Yield Makes 20

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups milk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more for skillet
Directions

In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and 1 cup oats and pulse a few times to coarsely grind oats. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and oil. Add dry ingredients and 1 cup oats and whisk just until moistened.

Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium. Lightly oil skillet. Using 2 to 3 tablespoons for each pancake, drop batter in skillet and cook until a few bubbles have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until browned on undersides, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with more oil and batter.


I went running this morning--but it was a short one, like 1 1/2 miles. I just wanted feeling it, and my knees were really hurting me. I applied to Justice today online--its a little girls store. I am basically just trying ANYTHING. I woke up at 930 today. Forgot to eat breakfast, so all I have eaten today is my lunch. I am STARVING right now. Like my stomach is growling at me right now. Its raining. I am bored. I have NOTHING to do. I wanna bake, but we dont have an oven right now. I am tired, but I dont wanna sleep right now. Lord, please provide me a job--SOON. Enjoy these recipes. Bake for ME since I cant enjoy it at the moment.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I'll have to try these recipes, they look so good! Hope you get the job!!