Monday, January 30, 2012

The Worn Out Woman

So the past few days I have been reading a book called The Worn Out Woman-when your life is full and your spirit is empty. Its by Dr. Steve Stephens and Alice Gray.

These are a few quotes I found that really spoke to me. I really wanted to share with you. Enjoy :)

God is...Someone who understands your past believes in your future and loves you just the way you are. Adapted, Author unknown

A true friend shares freely, advises wisely, assists willingly, encourages quickly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably. Apated from William Penn

It's a truth we want to pass on to our children: Nobody's perfect- we're all jerks saved by grace. Kathy Peel

What Have You Lost?
A man once went to a minster for counseling. He was in the midst of a financial collapse.
"I've lost everything," he bemoaned.
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your faith."
"No," the man corrected him, "I haven't lost my faith."
"Well, then I'm sad to hear that you've lost your character."
"I didn't say that," he corrected. "I still have my character."
"I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost your salvation."
"That's not what I said," the man objected.
"I haven't lost my salvation."
"You have your faith, your character, your salvation. Seems to me," the minister observed, "that you've lost none of the things that really matter."
Max Lucado

Ladies, I hope that this encourages you. TO really see that no matter how busy your life is, the Lord is the one that trusts in us, encourages us, and believes in us. He will never give us something that we can't handle.

No comments: